Sunday, June 29, 2008

I had some help with this one!


I asked these two young ladies to write something that I could post on my blog. They are both students on our 16 Days RoadTrip that I have been involved with this summer! From left to right, Lauren and Imani who are both from Michigan!
"We had amazing experience, ministering to people on the inner city streets of Denver, Colorado. Our team set out on an adventure that included ministering to different people on the streets. After going through several people trying to find one person that God had put on our hearts to talk with. We encountered a man from Africa who worked at a sunglass hut. He had moved from Africa twelve years ago with his brother, and he seemed like an amazing person. Our team had begun talking to him and about his past, then we realized it was passed our meeting time. When we started back to our meeting place I felt that I had done a pretty good job talking to him. We were rushing to get where we needed back to our team meeting place, Imani started to tell Matt (our leader) how she was disappointed that one lady we tried to reach out to wasn’t willing to talk to us. Then I realized that I hadn’t prayed for the man at the sunglass hut, and I started to cry. I felt that God had put it on my heart to go back and pray for him … He needs it. God told me I just knew that I needed to go back. So we figured out a plan we had fifteen minutes they said so we headed back to the sunglass hut, which was about a block away. I was very excited about the opportunity to go back and pray for him. We browsed around for a bit because we had been there once before, and I said “Is there anything that you need me to pray for?” Then Imani asked if we could pray over him and he said “yes!” We could tell God was there, and we then bought sunglasses and headed back to our group!"
I travel back to Colorado tomorrow to pick up another set of 16 days students! Keep us in your prayers!

1 comment:

Serena said...

A beautiful story of God moving! Be encouraged that you ARE making a difference!