Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Saying good-bye is never easy!



Today was my last day of work at New York City Relief. It started like any typical Wednesday with prayer and worship in the morning, lunch, and then meetings. About 1:30 when our team meeting was supposed to start, they said they need my help unloading some things. What do I find? They all got me an ice cream cake! It was very difficult for me to leave today. I have grown personally, and met so many people that have played a very important role in that growth. NYCR will always have a special place in my heart! I want to thank everyone at NYCR for welcoming me into their family, and accepting me not inspite of my flaws but because of them! I am spending my last day in the city hanging out at the Today Show and Central Park reflecting on my time here. I fly home on Friday, have graduation on Saturday, and speak for the youth at Wabash Friends Church on Sunday. I am having an pot luck open house on May 4 from 4:00 - 6:30 p.m. at White's Lodge. You can R.S.V.P. at kathy.gibson@whitesrfs.org. I also wanted to thank everyone at home for your prayers and support that has allowed me to have an experience of a life time!

God Bless,

Andy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Andy congradulation on your graduation and finishing your first mission in NewYork. I am glad you made it home safely and that God has made such a inspiration to your life. I pray thatyour next mission is just as inspiring, you are really doing a great deed and it isleading you into a wondeful life you were a great young gentlemen before and more so now i will miss you once again when you leave but i know God will be with you. I just want to say you have been a great inspiration to me while working with you here at Whites.I hope to see you Sunday at your potluck party also always remember what wonderful parents you have and your close friends back home. Good Luck in your future i hope i get to tell you Goodbye!
Your friend.