Friday, April 11, 2008

A pick-up game of ball in Manhattan!


Today was one of the most fun days I have ever had on the bus. Since I had gotten here in February I wanted to play a pick up game of basketball, but it just hadn't been nice enough out for that to happen. Today turned out to be that day. I had shot baskets with a guy named Dee Dee once before, but there more people today. We played 4 on 4, and they played with some weird rules! It was funny to listen to the trash talk, and the guy I gaurded was nicknamed Tree. He was about 6'6" 260 lbs, and was a really nice guy. We only got to play one game because we were all out of shape, but afterwards I got to hang out. It was a great way to really get "in" and be able to talk and establish a relationship.

I am leaving for Washington DC tomorrow morning. My roomate and I are going for two days to see as many sights as possible. I would like for everyone to keep us in your prayers as we travel.

God Bless,

Andy

No comments: