Tuesday, January 8, 2008

I am ready to go back!

Hello!

I am just trying to figure out how this works exactly so that when I offically go I will be ready to fill everyone in on my adventure! The trip to New York City Relief last week was absolutely amazing! I almost didn't come home! However, after being out there for a few days I am more excited than every before about the journey I am about to go on! The people that I am going to be working with were great and treated me like one of the family. The people of New York City whom I am there to serve are also incredible. I was able to see everything from hyperdermic needles laying around the sight where we parked the bus to a little boy smiling ear to ear because I was able to give him a pack of M&M's! The short trip there reminded me how thankful I should be for being raise in such a loving and giving family. It is very difficult to explain the conditions in which some of these people endure on a daily basis. I have never had to think about where I am going to get my next meal, sleep at night, or enough clothes to wear. It has made me think "Why do I only celebrate Thanksgiving only once a year?" I will upload some pictures as soon as I figure out how. I also want to thank you all for your support, because I could not do this with out you!

Andy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How Fun and Exciting. Good Luck with your adventure!! Shelly Leary

tammy said...

andy,
i hate computers. i just wanted to let you know you are in our thoughts and prayers. seems like just yesterday you were a baby. you make me feel old. god bless.
tammy ruse