Monday, February 8, 2010

Keeping going!

There are times when doing the things that we are doing really take a toll on you. However, when you receive emails like this one from someone who comes to HOPE at the 302 it makes everything worth it, and gives you the drive to keep going! Here is what she had to say:

"OH! How I love Jesus!!! I had no plans yest to go to the Lot. My friend that volunteers there came by and reminded me I could go yest to get some clothes for my son. My husband and I are divorcing after 25 yrs of marriage. He has wanted a divorce since he began dating a woman. He moved in with her in July. Our 12 year old son was devastated and it's been the most painful time we have ever experienced. I had been thinking that I needed to get my son involved in a service organization. I decided to stop by The Lot and look for 2 shirts for my son. Well, Praise the Lord Kat told me I could help serve. My son and I signed up. Some boys came in that looked my son's age. My son said, "Mom, I'm not getting anything for me until they get what they want". OH!!!!! Praise Jesus Christ for that experience last night for both of us. We've had our minds so fixed on our pain and helping those people find clothes made us FEEL GREAT! If it's the Lord's will, we will come next Mon and Tues. I attend the Sanctuary of Praise Pentecostal church here in Anderson. I'm going to ask my church for donations. I will pray for you, the volunteers, and the people that come. It was a pleasure to meet you."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is awesome! What a great story. That the kind of thing that should be on the Web site somewhere, or on the LOT Project's blog.